Built in 1885, the Pumphouse is a Grade II listed building housing the museum's collection of engines and pumps. Chief among these is a working pair of original Marshall steam engines which are also Grade II listed. The engines are run once a month along with a selection of smaller stationary engines. The Pumphouse is also home to our model railway in what used to be the boiler house.
Early 20th Century Workshop
A full-size working example of an early 20th-century workshop has been created in the Pumphouse and demonstrates how early workshop and production lines ran off a line shaft which in turn is driven by a steam engine.